Ok folks, here it goes! Hubby and I had a rough work week (heck, I'm still doing work right now), so we decided chinese takeout and the Pens/Lightning game would be just fine. Our takeout place of choice tonight was none other than China King on Philly St.
Hubby called it in on his way home from work, and they must have been busy because the one taking the order told him it would take 15 minutes instead of the typical 10.
We both got the wonton soup -- lots of wontons, excellent broth. Very tasty overall! Didn't even need to add the crispy noodles. I'll snack on those later.
Hubby ordered the Chicken Fried Rice which he said wasn't very good. It lacked flavor even with the soy sauce. It was mostly rice and onion with very little chicken. This isn't typical of China King to mess up fried rice. He'll probably stick to his General Tso's chicken for next time.
I decided to deviate from my Hot and Spicy Chicken (always good there) and get some Vegetable Lo Mein. Lots of veggies, the noodles were cooked perfectly and the flavor was there. I did add soy sauce for a wetter meal. Thumbs up.
Unfortunately, they must have been so busy they forgot our Fortune Cookies!
So we almost had a perfect take-out night. Let's hope the Pens can win and make up for the fried rice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment