Friday, February 22, 2008

The Lenten Cheese Pizza from Sanso's

Well, it's that time of year where I actually do something Catholic and abstain from meat on Friday's during the Lenten season. Usually this means fish, but I like to mix it up a bit. My husband works in Greensburg, so on his way up Rte 119 from Blairsville I asked him to pick up a good ole plain pizza from Sanso's in Homer City. Sanso's is right on 119 and has an AWESOME deli store and a six pack/pizza shop.

My husband had no problems with the ordering process or the timing of the pizza.

The crust is in between a thick and thin...just enough dough, but not too much. Now what makes their pizza unique is the marriage between the sauce and the cheese. There's a tang to the cheese which is counterbalanced nicely with the sweetness and spice of the sauce. We apparently enjoyed it considered with polished off a large pizza between the two of us!

We typically stick to Tom's for our usual pizza needs, but sometimes you have to switch it up. And Sanso's certainly fit the bill!

No comments: