My Mom and I had the day off and treated ourselves to a day of shopping and lunch. She had never been to Sixers before, so I thought I'd introduce her to one of Indiana's best kept secrets. Sixers is located a few miles out of town on Rte 286 (past Walmart).
It's a six-pack shop with a restaurant. My guess is they do the majority of their business with the beer sales but they really should be promoting their food. Their menu consists of pizzas (including a 26-inch pizza), wings, burgers, sandwiches, salads and pasta. I have yet to have their pasta, but rumor has it that it's pretty darn good.
We were seated right away -- well, we were the only ones there so we got to choose where to sit. They seem to be doing some cosmetic work to the interior which should look nice when it's done. My only complaint is they had it a little too cold in there.
I ordered a garden salad and buffalo wings while my Mom ordered a plain hamburger and small fries. My salad arrived first and it was HUGE! I barely had room for my wings. All of the ingredients were nice and fresh. You could tell the croutons were homemade...very tasty! My wings were solid...nice heat, perfectly sauced and crispy.
My Mom loved her hamburger...she's a burger junkie and knows what she likes. And the fries. Oh yeah, these are the real deal. Hand cut and totally homemade. A small was more than plenty for her. They weren't greasy either (yes, I snagged a few from her plate). BTW, you HAVE to try their sloppy fries...the same homemade goodness topped with mozzarella and gravy served with a fork.
So next time you need some place different to go take a ride a few miles past Walmart and enjoy the secret I just shared with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment